I see that anti-vaxxers are still not welcome with some travel insurance companies.

Sponsored Links
But it's a real pain to have to read through the policy just to find this stuff. I can't see most people bothering.
I didn’t actually read through the policy in detail before buying, I just happened to notice it in the Covid cover section. My policy is with Virgin Money.

Re the EHIC/GHIC. As you say, hospitals that accept them may be few and far between or even not available. They also don’t cover repatriation in the event of it being needed. If you have insurance and are lucky enough to go to a hospital that accepts EHIC/GHIC, then of course your insurance will not pay because the costs will be charged back to the NHS.

I tried a couple. One of them, I can't remember which, said you need a vaccine. LV doesn't mention it, so assuming they don't need it.

Never assume anything with insurance companies.

They will give you an umbrella, until it starts raining.

I didn’t actually read through the policy in detail before buying, I just happened to notice it in the Covid cover section. My policy is with Virgin Money.
Cheers mottie i have a European yearly policy with virgin money and never noticed it either just read it .
ah well the mrs is covered but i wouldnt be but not worried about it so hey ho ,

Sponsored Links
tesco bank , select and protect, getcover.com,ok to travel, insurefor.com, fit2travel.
But dont take my word for it put your details into confused and when your quotes come up click into covid cover
Here is a copy of tesco banks covid page no mention of having to have vaccine
I suppose you just have to check if you are not vaccinated as there are quite a few that require it.

IMG_4976.jpegIMG_4977.jpegIMG_4982.jpegIMG_4981.jpegIMG_4980.jpegIMG_4979.jpegIMG_4978.jpeg

All the ones so far I've checked which need the vaccine are with the same underwriter.

This Policy is underwritten by ERGO Travel Insurance Services Ltd (ETI), registered in England and Wales

It was the same with the EHIC thing I mentioned above. When I looked into that a few years ago, there only seemed to be two insurance companies underwriting all the insurance policies. One would cover you without an EHIC and the other wouldn't, so half the policies had cover and half didn't. I think one is German and the other is Spanish. ERGO seem to be linked with the German one.

Yeah looks like anyone worried about it will have to be careful .
just done a quote on virgin site and on all the benefits it doesnt even mention covid cover you have to click at bottom of page in policy wording before it gets mentioned.
At least virgin say they will look at medical reasons for not having it

I suppose you just have to check if you are not vaccinated as there are quite a few that require it.

Those screenshots from comparethemarket seem to make it a lot clearer than the actual websites of the insurers. Do they have an option to search whether a vaccine is needed?

Those screenshots from comparethemarket seem to make it a lot clearer than the actual websites of the insurers. Do they have an option to search whether a vaccine is needed?
Not that I can see - I’ve just been clicking on the covid cover section on each quote to see what’s what.

Not that I can see - I’ve just been clicking on the covid cover section on each quote to see what’s what.

It's still very useful. The Virgin website has a big section on covid cover, but doesn't mention the vaccine anywhere. There's just an asterisk saying to read the policy documents to see any exclusions. I'm very impressed with comparethemarket here.

By all means ban travel for those without the vaccine, but if travel is safe in the post pandemic world why penalise through withholding insurance. Many people with health conditions who are covered or pay extra.

Blup

in motties screen shot for insurefor,com it says vaccination required .
but here is the policy wording from their website and cant see any mention , might have missed it
page 21 mentions vaccines inoculations, medication but that would read as for where you are travelling to
They reference the FCDO for a list of recommended vaccines that you should have if you want them to cover you.

The FCDO recommends COVID for everywhere, because you've got to be stupid not to.

They reference the FCDO for a list of recommended vaccines that you should have if you want them to cover you.

The FCDO recommends COVID for everywhere, because you've got to be stupid not to.
really got to be stupid not to be vaccinated for covid why is that then ?
3 holidays abroad so far this year 5 last year not as much as a sniffle but yeah you carry on living in fear minnion .
Had covid beginning of last year only knew i had it because it tested otherwise wouldnt have had a clue i had it

in motties screen shot for insurefor,com it says vaccination required .
but here is the policy wording from their website and cant see any mention , might have missed it
page 21 mentions vaccines inoculations, medication but that would read as for where you are travelling to

I can't see any mention of it either. Looks like comparethemarket might have got this one wrong. Unless ITMinion is correct about there being a catch-all provision.

Sponsored Links
Back