I see that anti-vaxxers are still not welcome with some travel insurance companies.

Good, thanks for the info. Reassuring to hear that insurance companies aren't dictating that people have injections of drugs against their will.

The only one so far that has told me definitively that you don't need the vaccine is LV.

I've tried two companies who are underwritten with AXA, but they were both pretty clueless. One thought that the general exclusion, for anyone who has become ill from any disease where a vaccine is "recommended", would apply and that COVID would not actually be covered because of this. I think this is what @IT Minion above was suggesting would be the catch-all exemption they would use. Which led me to think about what is the definition of a "recommended" vaccine - recommended by who? Does it cover flu and MMR vaccines, for example. What happens if you are over 50 and hospitalised with flu and haven't had the vaccine.

I think the only way to get the proper information would be to speak with AXA themselves, but they don't sell direct to the public, so they don't have a helpline. The best way to get the information would probably be to ring the AXA claims line but I've run out of enthusiasm as I am fully vaccinated!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Direct Line and Churchill (same group) say no vaccine required.

EDIT: But further to Mottie below, it doesn't specifically say you will be covered if you catch COVID. Will check further.

1684921897165.png

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
My policy doesn’t require me to be vaccinated against covid-19 to travel but it won’t cover me for a covid-19 related claim if I’m not vaccinated.

I see what you mean. I'll see if I can get something more from them.

I've just spoken with Direct Line. They said Churchill have the same policy (same group) . What they told me is that, as long as you the obey the entry requirements as regards the vaccine for the country you are visiting, then they will cover you for medical expenses if you catch COVID, even if you haven't had the vaccine. So if that particular country doesn't need a COVID vaccine to enter, you are covered without the COVID vaccine.

I would always advise anybody to check this for themselves!

Back