I Think I've Cracked It

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wrote on here about our stinky Samsung WM. The old Indesit never smelt ever, even at the end of its life - nearly 2 decades.

Its replacement started stinking after less than a year. I have tried most things, bar a strip down.

My latest trick seems to be giving me the most success.

I saw it on the internet and tried it. That was two weeks ago and the machine still smells fresh.

If you have a stinky washing machine that also makes your freshly laundered clothes stinky, then try this:

Put 4 dishwasher tabs in the empty drum and run the hottest wash the machine has.

Worked brilliantly for me!

Hope it works for you too.

Sponsored Links
I thought you must have worked out the meaning of life, next best thing though

That baked on grease on your hob & oven. Mix up some wallpaper paste with caustic soda crystals & paint it on, experiment with the strength & time left on but it works like Nitromors used to.

Sponsored Links
Probably, it was the hot wash which did most of the good. Modern machines wash very cool for most of their washes, which helps breed the nasties. An occasional hot wash, even if empty, will kill them and leave it smelling fresh.

An occasional hot wash, even if empty, will kill them and leave it smelling fresh.
There's the thing.

I have done a hot wash before.
Done a hot wash with bio powder.
Done a hot wash with bleach.

But the machine only lasts 2-3 days before smelling again.

But using dishwasher tabs, I get a much better result. Two weeks and counting.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back