I thought led bulbs were supposed to save money

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not at this price they don't!

Sponsored Links
There have been examples of over pricing for years, I can see items like rings, where you can get two rings at £1000 and £1 and yet at the distance one views them on some ones fingers they look the same.

The LED bulb starts at a few quid, but the big problem is they in the main they shine in a diffrent direction to the tungsten they replace, so we are forced to replace the whole lamp.

My living room has one ceiling rose which likely had a 100 or 150 watt tungsten bulb. To replace with a B22d LED bulb one simply can't get one big enough, so needed a chandelier with 8 bulbs to get enough light 6 watt each so 48 watt of LED.

Cost of chandelier, plug in ceiling rose, and bulbs is well over the cost of the bulb you link to, so if it saves fitting a chandelier it may still be cost effective.

Cost of chandelier, plug in ceiling rose, and bulbs is well over the cost of the bulb you link to, so if it saves fitting a chandelier it may still be cost effective.

Not if the fancy LED fails, then you replace the expensive part. With the chandelier, you just replace the failed, cheap LED.

Sponsored Links
Last edited:
I always get a laugh from browsing Futureshop!
Ah, but that's only a mains cable, hencee only just over £21,000. Audiophiles are more likely to be interested in a speaker cable, like this one ..
1696628007397.png

Kind Regards, John

MY question is this.
As someone who has hearing problems, would any/all of these cables help me to better hear to Mary Hopkins, singing, "Those were the Days"?

MY question is this.
As someone who has hearing problems, would any/all of these cables help me to better hear to Mary Hopkins, singing, "Those were the Days"?
Yes.

And demand your GP issues a prescription for them. Don't take no for an answer.

A sensible audiophile would ask for a dedicated supply oxygen free cable from the substation to get the best possible results from his or her audio systems.

Surely he would have an isolated power supply?

A pair of wooden knobs

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back