iboost users, when it starts to turn on?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had an iboost fitted,
1694771458930.png
it is showing as heating water by solar, although not by much, only 320 watt, but my battery
1694771586684.png
is no where near fully charged, I was told it should only heat water once the battery was full, I have checked the current transformer 1694772987557.png which seems to be correctly connected the the import meter tails.

At the moment it does not matter too much, loads of solar energy so the battery will be fully charged by end of day, but once the central heating starts to run, then there is no need for electrical heated DHW the boiler will do that, so heating water before charging battery is not what is required.

Sponsored Links
I have realised at 9 pm it was heating at 530 watt, which is clearly wrong, so I have turned it off. And send an email to the installer, it will not please them as 150 mile round trip.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back