Icon 23t heating flow v/vreplacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The heating flow valve on my boiler has developed a drip i have brought a new v/v to fit but would like to know if its possible to do the job without
draining the whole system down. the system is working fine apart from this small drip which eventually causes pressure in the loop to drop and shut the system down.Any advise or shortcuts would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Depends where the boiler is located, if it is at the top of the property with no system above it, you can drain to the level of the boiler.

Or try and air lock the system, or freeze.

James

Thanks James
The boiler is downstairs but the freeze option is something i overlooked
this is probably the way for me to g

Rocking the shaft a few degrees either side of the open position may well enable it to reseal itself over the next few days.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Cheers Agile I have tried this and it did reduce the drip and actually stopped it when the system runs hot . The lady of the house cant live with the thought that it may return and i cant live with her nagging.
I think the v/v change is going to happen if i freeze the infeed pipe will much water come from inside the boiler i will of course be isolating all v/v's into the boiler.
regard Brian

Its easier to drain as required rather than trying to freeze it and there is no risk of damage from freezing.

If the leak has stopped they its unlikely to return if its not disturbed. nagger will gorget about it after a few days of not leaking.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back