Icon 23T luke warm water only... help please!

What an arse, comes on gets after shagging his own boiler then has a pop after getting correct advice,

You've played around with a gas device, you've now broken the law, your home insurance won't pay out if you subsequently cause any damage, well Donne, afraid it's time to bite the bullet and admit your not that clever and get a pro in, although god help them as you'll probably tell them how to do their job

This forum is for advice, as registered gas engineers we can't offer out advice which we then think will be taken to break the law and cause possible tragedy. Any other advice we are more than happy to help with.

Sponsored Links
If your drains blocked, well tell you how to unblock it.

If your tap drips, well tell you how to fix it.

If a pipe leaks we will tell you how to mend it.

Boilers?

No, because your not neither qualified nor competent :)

You dont need to be qualified for the first three

:D

Water on PCB has probably blow a few components within the boiler i.e the fan and possibly the gas valve or air pressure switch etc.(pandora's box) the gas valve might now be faulty too, or the regulator on gas meter is knackered and can't supply enough gas, heating might work okay! Fan may not be working correctly lack of air or excess air, it sounds like its baffling out, a boiler I went to was doing this, was the burner seal!

Thank you plumberdan. This was the only post i was hoping to receive in reply to my initial request. You have made this whole experience of coming to this forum worth while although i have to admit i have enjoyed pouring petrol onto the other members who think they posses to some kind of elite skill that nobody else could possibly comprehend who hasn't been first indoctrinated by another member of the cult.

I very much appreciate the time you have given up to post this reply and as already stated, when i resolve the problem i will update this thread so that it may be a help to someone else in the future. I thought that was the purpose of this forum.

Kind regards,

ynotdave

Agile said:
I dont know what constitutes attractiveness in a man.
Somehow that doesn't surprise me, clearly you're not the most intelligent of people and i've already asked you not to post any more due to that exact reason.

Agile said:
But many would say that Dan, standing at 6' 7", is rather awesome!
Perhaps you and Dan are secretly seeing each other, i hope you're wife doesn't know about this thing you have for him, saying that you're probably not married or have had many girlfriends, if so i imagine they'd be the type that would wear a football shirt and/or shell suit to LIDL

Agile said:
I also expect all professionals to charge for their services. In fact many would say that is what differentiates a professional from a DIYer!

Let's all be grateful you understand the elementary differences between professional and DIY, if you are indeed working on heating systems.

Sponsored Links
My sig is a quote from Kung Fu Panda - a film I enjoy with my 3 year old. It was supposed to be somewhat ironic/ tongue in cheek - as it is in the film. I am 6' 7", and my picture is in my profile, along with numerous examples of my work.

You sad man... as for the rest of your post, well, you already know what i think of you. You've offered nothing to this thread apart from the amusement you have given me in berating you.

Have a nice life and always remember, you are an internet troll :evil:

Hi Ben, welcome and thank you for your predictable and otherwise uninteresting post that offers nothing to this thread and therefore please consider yourself an internet troll as all the other members who have posted excluding plumberdan.

bengasman said:
I really wonder what it would take before you admit you botched the project.

There's nothing 'botched' about my 'project', as you like to put it, and therefore i have nothing to admit. I am merely resolving the problems one by one as you would, however, without charging a client excessive fees for an otherwise relatively unskilled job that only requires half a brain and experience to master.

bengasman said:
It would be an idea to get a pro in to make sure things are safe again. Surely there are some items along the lines of booze, fags, cable etc. or maybe even sacrificing a holiday that could be ditched in favour of keeping your family safe.
Here you make the mandatory gas man statement yet again "It would be an idea to get a pro" stating the obvious, and then continue to make personal assumptions about me without grounds in doing so. Therefore, i can only assume the items you state that i could sacrifice are items that you indeed would sacrifice as you were unable to define anything more inventive due to your limited life experience.

you need a new boiler. Just face facts. The boiler you got cost aprx £350, it was a builders special. The functional parts (pcb, fan, GV) which you will now likely need more than one of are the best part of £200 each, more than the boiler is worth. Its not worth repairing its a heap of junk when its working let alone when its not. You can carry on throwing your toys out of your pram, but your not getting any warmer !

eaton said:
What an a**e, comes on gets after s****g his own boiler then has a pop after getting correct advice,

Oh dear eaton, i realise for someone of your social stature that it may have been hard to realise that illiterates shouldn't be posting on this thread, silly man.

eaton said:
You've played around with a gas device, you've now broken the law, your home insurance won't pay out if you subsequently cause any damage, well Donne, afraid it's time to bite the bullet and admit your not that clever and get a pro in, although god help them as you'll probably tell them how to do their job

This is funny! :LOL: now run along and buy some more Burberry (or do you people not wear Burberry caps any more?) and while you're at it get another tattoo on your way home. I suppose an English lesson would be a ridiculous recommendation.

eaton said:
This forum is for advice, as registered gas engineers we can't offer out advice which we then think will be taken to break the law and cause possible tragedy. Any other advice we are more than happy to help with.

This is the first comment that any of the trolls has made that holds any wieght as it is informative. Thank you eaton.

oph said:

Boilers?

Zzzzzzz i can't be bothered to write an intelligent reply to more obvious and unintelligent trolling, so duh du duh de duh de duh... you make me haaaappy! hahahahahahhahaaaaaa!!!!!

you need a new boiler. Just face facts. The boiler you got cost aprx £350, it was a builders special. The functional parts (pcb, fan, GV) which you will now likely need more than one of are the best part of £200 each, more than the boiler is worth. Its not worth repairing its a heap of junk when its working let alone when its not. You can carry on throwing your toys out of your pram, but your not getting any warmer !

Hi Micky, shame about your last sentence, you were doing rather well up until there. However, you have added some information to the thread, well done and thank you.

Regards,

ynotdave

There's nothing 'botched' about my 'project', as you like to put it, and therefore i have nothing to admit. I am merely resolving the problems one by one as you would, however, without charging a client excessive fees for an otherwise relatively unskilled job that only requires half a brain and experience to master.

Ha Ha !

So you now admit that you dont even have the half a brain needed to do a relatively unskilled job and sort out your boiler!

Even worse for you is that your total lack of experience has enabled you to cause further damage to your boiler!

All the professional advice here clearly says that its a cheap boiler and following your botched attempts to repair is now better replaced with a new boiler.

In spite of what you say, I do seem to manage to repair a lot of boilers! But thats not of much help to you because I follow the forum rules and dont give advice to DIYers on repairs involving gas or safety issues.

Tony

for an otherwise relatively unskilled job that only requires half a brain and experience to master.
Ha Ha !

So you now admit that you dont even have the half a brain needed to do a relatively unskilled job and sort out your boiler!

You're making it worse Tony, just give up and move on to your next thread.

The thing is you failed to understand that the operative word "and" in my statement requires that you need only half a brain and experience.

Now move on little man.

You peni

Jog on back to another forum and best of luck with the repair on the boiler.

It won't cost you much

Pmsl My heating and hot water works just fine

And yours? :p

oph said:

Boilers?

Oh and I nearly forgot, there's nothing unintelligible about my statement.

But then, there are those people like yourself who are keyboard warriors

What's next then , some sort of daft ar5e comment about my mum.

Grow up child

Zzzzzzz i can't be bothered to write an intelligent reply to more obvious and unintelligent trolling, so duh du duh de duh de duh... you make me haaaappy! hahahahahahhahaaaaaa!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back