icon combi boiler

B

BOB.DOLE

icon combi boiler, problem if hot water tap is turned on no hot water, but if heating turned on then hot tap water gets warm for a while

but with hot tap on only nothing happens , no pump,fan, etc.

combi is not an ideal icos, its a icon

can this be the diaphragme or diverter valve

Sponsored Links
Diverter valve.

Not so easy to get at !!!

Tony

Just changed a diverter valve on one of these this week, but is was just diaphragm. B'stard of a job, cant get a spanner on half the nuts. So just do the 'phragm & you'll be ok. Just to really nark me an unsoldered joint behind the units gave up while I was f'ing and going & got my toes wet. Lovelly job!

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
Diverter valve.

Not so easy to get at !!!

Tony

where can i get litriture on these boilers,

think i will pass the job on.

They are glow worms (4704712), also badged as hermann as mark says.

ollski said:
They are glow worms (4704712), also badged as hermann as mark says.

thanks mate, cant be many in surrey I have yet to come across one

There are a couple of different boilers called 'Ikon' or 'Icon'.
The 23T and 28T were sold (exclusively?) through Travis Perkins.
You'll know if you've got one of these because (AFAIR) it's virtually impossible to change the diverter valve diaphragm in place.

My strategy was to remove the gas valve for access and then dismantle the diverter itself in the middle, taking out the right-hand half and leaving the left side in place, connected to the pump etc. (That is, if i'mthinking of the right boiler!)

the travis perkins ikon was a gw ultimate. or was that just their brand name.

Hmm, diaph looks OK in the manual. Is this it? - I've not met one.

If anyone needs MI let me know.

Whenever I split dv's in situ the shuttle bits drop apart... :evil:

Best to take the whole lot out the divertor has a push fit into the dhw h/exch so that has to come off. Will need to replace all the washers as it will leak.Worse boiler they make to work on

BOB ........again you have made an Iconic Post :LOL:

useful to know about I'll tell Yorkshire customs not to let any into God's own county.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back