Icon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Peeps,
Is it possible for one icon on the Windows desktop to start two applications and how would I go about this?

Ta

Sponsored Links
One way to do it would be to create a batch file. For example the following code will open HijackThis and Adobe reader from one desktop icon.

start /d "C:\Program Files\HijacThis" HijackThis.exe
start /d "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader" AcroRd32.exe

In Notepad create a text file as above substituting your application directory and application .exe file for the ones shown in red.

Save the text file as a batch file e.g. "My2Programs.bat".

Open up notepad.

Make sure you know where the locations of exe's are. I have made you an example below where you would substitute my palm software and firefox with the two programs you want to run. Save the notepad file on your desktop, but make sure whatever you call it has the .bat extension after it. i.e. itunesandfirefox.bat . Double click the icon and it will run both apps.

[code:1]
start /D"C:\Program Files\Palm\" Palm.exe

start /D"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\" firefox.exe

exit[/code:1]

Sponsored Links
start /d "C:\Program Files\HijacThis" HijackThis.exe

Although that wont work unless you really did name your HijackThis folder HijacThis. :LOL:

Don't have notepad - how come!!! :D
What version of windows? Should be in the Accessories section.

You can use word but make sure you save as a plain text file i.e. select save as file and select text option for file extension .txt. Then rename saved file to .bat extension

Sponsored Links
Back