ID chips in wheelie bins

Seems a shame that drastic measures have to be enforced to make people take responsibility for their actions in the first place, we are all having an impact on the planet in one way or another and perhaps it's time for change in attitudes as in before it's too late.
The charging system should accomodate those that do recycle by giving discounts and those losses transferred to those that are over their quota.

I can't imagine the backlash that will come when oil has to be rationed probably by taxation, let's hope that public transportation has been sorted out by then.

Sponsored Links
I don't mind paying to have my rubbish taken away, but as I'm already paying for it with my council tax I don't want a further payment lumping on top. If they reduced the council tax by say £100 and then started charging for what you don't recycle then that's fine.
However, you'll still get fly tipping. :rolleyes:

gcol said:
I don't mind paying to have my rubbish taken away, but as I'm already paying for it with my council tax I don't want a further payment lumping on top. If they reduced the council tax by say £100 and then started charging for what you don't recycle then that's fine.
However, you'll still get fly tipping. :rolleyes:
Even if council tax were halved, some people would still think they were 'paying extra' if they receive an additional bill...and yes there will be a large increase in fly tipping!

and how will this 'charge' be collected?..the amount will still be relatively small, so the administration costs would take up a large percentage for billing due to invoices/reminders/chasing payment etc...the only way to make it cost effective would be to add it to the following years bill - but what then happens when people move?..

This is all a recipe for disaster and it is why refuse collection should be solely funded from 'local' taxation...

Sponsored Links
From what I've seen no final decision has been made but likely to be billed quarterly like the gas and leccy

Back