ID these beads please

Reaction score
Country
Barbados
As the pictures show the foil has been rubbed by the side beads thus pulling it off, obviously need to replace the beads but the only writing on them is 'Prem', any of you other pvc guys have any clues

Sponsored Links
Sorry I cant really help.

If this post was about 2 weeks ago I had just ripped out 4 mahogany windows that looked identical to these but they have already been taken away in the skip :cry:

I did try to work out what make they were as I took them out but they didn't seem to be marked anywhere, I can only say that they look similar to old Coastal beads.

Sorry and good luck

Thanks gazman, thing is i need 95 metres of it as every window in the house is affected so it would need to come from a fabricator or direct from the factory. My report is currently with the insurer, i've given them both scenarios - beads or new windows so will await their instruction

Sponsored Links
Its a nine year old install and the customer is claiming on the IBG, trouble with double glazing like computers - if its a year old its out of date :D, i like soucing parts but sometimes you have to accept you've been beaten

I had pretty much always heard that the IBG's weren't worth the paper they were written on. If they do fork out for new windows or even just new beads let us know

Possibly premier profiles, but i believe they went out of business some years back.

I had pretty much always heard that the IBG's weren't worth the paper they were written on. If they do fork out for new windows or even just new beads let us know

Jesus your having a laugh, the company i work for purely work for the insurers, stacked out with work and have been for the 4 years i've been with them.

To be honest the insurers are dead fair, we carry out independant surveys and write reports for them so they can make an informed decision, we are purposely kept in the dark as to what the policy covers as everyone is slightly different, we tell it as we see it and if its wrong then its put right, no questions and cost has no bearing

One thing they don't like covering though is sunlight damage i.e fading or warping and bowing especially woodgrains

Frame fixing too far back on bay cill and come through inside and bodged

150mm cill used instead of 180mm, fitted anyway and just sealed

Brick horn spray painted in

I see it all

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back