ID this Baxi?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, and sorry to start off with picking your brains. I have a job to do in a flat with this boiler, the owner is unsure whether to replace it. What is the general opinion on its age, integrity and pipework. Very grateful for any info.

boiler.jpg

boilerbtm.jpg

Sponsored Links
Better tahn a lot of boilers. Nothing a good service will not cure.

If you are asking, should be looking at replacing the boiler?

Probably a baxi 80 eco ...
Plastic pipes too close to boiler should be at least 1 meter away.
looks like the boiler jig is missing
filling loop goes into flow instead of return.

Looks a rough fix all round

Its better to register for the Combustion Chamber part of this site where gas registered people post trade questions.

The water pressure needs topping up but apart from that it is at least as good as perhaps 40% of installed boilers.

Not a very well done installation but the boiler does not know that.

To assess if any repairs needed you need to measure the DHW performance.

Tony

Sponsored Links
NRV has got to be on cold water side now for backflow prevention as per water regs.

That's a new one.

It still prevents backflow on the heating side and as the hose has to be removed when not in use how would this be done with the type of filling loop shown above? :confused:

NRV has got to be on cold water side now for backflow prevention as per water regs.

That's a new one.

It still prevents backflow on the heating side and as the hose has to be removed when not in use how would this be done with the type of filling loop shown above? :confused:

its more for if a customer connects a makeshift hose pipe to it i think, only saying what i have been told, you dont see many filling loops disconnected though.

Water Regs since 1998 require a compliant filling loop. Fewer than 20% I see are the correct type.

Any boiler installer should know what they are and be using them.

They have a double NR valve on the cold water side, then a valve and then the flexible and then another valve at the heating return side.

One advantage of them is that the valve at the heating side can often be used as one of the power flushing connections.

Dont all installers power flush the system?

Tony

I'm very grateful to you all for your erudite comments which I am passing on to my daughter, she has now been persuaded that a proper engineer and commissioning is required.

think you may want to get the installer back. There are a few patches of the wallpaper they've not managed to get.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back