ideal 120

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys,
can anyone help!! we have a ideal 120 combi boiler, it worked ok this morning but i've got home and the thing is dead. There has been a constant drip from it in recent weeks though very minor. The digital clock display is on but no mains light on, so its not doing anything. Any help would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
if its the 'response' its probably the low water press switch leaking into the elecs and blowing the fuse. is the drip right hand front?

Nah, it'll be the dhw flow switch dripping.
Or the pressure vessel
Or the aav.

What is the pressure now?

Is there a strange orange neon glow emanating from behind the front panel?:
ResponseLPglow.jpg

HI CHAPS THE LEAK IS SORT OF FRONT LEFTISH THE WATER PRESSURE BAR IS AT 2.5 BAR

Sponsored Links
Try the overheat thermostat H (clicks if it's out)

NAH IT DOESN'T CLICK, SORRY IF THE WATER HAS LEAKED AND HAS KILLED THE FUSE WOULDN'T THE CLOCK NOT BE WORKING EITHER?

This is probably your leak:
ResponsFlowSwitch.gif

You need to do up the blue collar if that's it.

The clock has a bettery to keep the display alive.
Suggest you check the fuses!

Oh, and STOP SHOUTING!!

Am going to check those things out now. Have stopped shouting. thanks for the advice chris will post you back and let you know how i get on mate.

I tried to nip up one of them dhw flow switches on tuesday....it ****ed water everywhere :evil:

could be the retrofit flue stat tripped ....if its got one that is.

Response is notorious for faulty heat exchanger, though it should not leak to the outside of the boiler. Was the boiler recently noisy when starting?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back