Ideal Response 120 - Burner problem

H/Ex is available from ideal.

Was on the phone to some div the other day about it. Apparantly there still not aware of response HE problem because if there was then ''there would have been a recall wouldn't there'' :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
the HE is only availible to the general public rob. Ideal wont sell it to us RGI's gawd knows why?

about 400 plus the dreaded

I have one in me garage

I was told by ideal they were not manufacturing any more just running down their existing stocks which weren't all that plentiful. Mind you if that is the original fault I think anyone would have diagnosed that one.

I too am on Ideal's radar - but strangely not Vaillant's - especially in my new house, yet I got their recall notice through - which is odd...

Ideal have never informed me of any updates/problems with the Response - and I've ben on their course - they were sending me threatening letters for pinching the product CD - cheeky pheckers wanted a tenner for one.

Sponsored Links
The situation with Response heat exchanger is as follows (I've done 2 in the last year and several more before that):

- they fail, as described, and can cause leaks under left hand side of boiler and / or ignition problems earlier, before the leak!

- replacements are ONLY available direct from Ideal because of the other, unrelated problem with serious overheats causing the flue adaptor to melt! The replacement heat exchanger comes with a (free!) non-resettable flue thermostat, probe, and wiring.

- the heat exchanger is itself ridiculously expensive (in the circumstances, Ideal should be supplying AND fitting FREE!!).

- they take several hours to fit and it's a toss-up whether the job is worth doing at all. Total cost unlikely to be less than £450.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back