Ideal Response 120 - Hard to work on.

Is there any chance that the fan/ burner unit wouldnt be seated properly and the products of combustion are getting into the sealed chamber and causing the overheat stat to operate?? Clutching at straws!!! I know tehre is a similar issue to this on Baxi Barcelonas.

At the risk of getting shouted at is it possible for me to fit any overheat stat to check if this is the problem?? I have a few spare ones knocking about but im not sure which boilers they are for. Someone told me that a lot of them were generic for a lot of boilers.

I checked the igniton/rec electrodes and spark generator after a hit it with the adjustable spanner but they were straight as die. The fact that the burner runs for 30 secs would confirm this.

The guy did mention that he has this problem before about 3 years ago, the last time he got it serviced, and that a guy came out and changed something and it was fine. Couldnt tell me what it was though!!!

Any further thoughts would be most welcome.

G

Sponsored Links
Just realised i have been talking a little nonsense. It should be the DHW sensor that i focus on and not the Overheat Stat i.e. The sensor isnt working so it goes straight up to max heat and the overheat stat shuts down the burner???

Are the DHW sensor and CH sensor on these interchangeable??

G

Right guys now i really do need your help!!!!!!

Went back round to that job and pulled out the DHW sensor. Checked the resistance of it and it was 10 K Ohm when cold. I did a buzz test across the DHW overheat stat and it was fine.

The heat was working fine last night and as i said the hot water would stay warm for 30 sec and then went cold.

I decided to swap over the DHW sensor and the CH sensor so i closed off the flow and return and fully emptied the boiler from the grey drain point under the boiler until the pressure reading was zero and there was no more water coming out. When i unscrewed the sensor there was water ****ing everywhere and i had to do a finger in the hole plug and then screw in teh DHW sensor. Panic stations!!!! How can this be if i drained down the boiler????

I dried everything off with a hairdryer and plugged everything back in. Now we have no heat and no hot water. Spoke to the Landlord and he said this was the case this morning i.e woke up this morning and no heat no hot water.

So where do i go from here then???

Again any direction would be very gratefully appreciated!!!!

Grill

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back