ideal response 120 help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i am new to the forum ,i have been havin a great deal of hassle with my ideal response 120 combi boiler.its got an intermittant fault were the burner will not light ive replaced the 2 pcb boards and allthough it worked for a while its now packed up again .has anybody got any ideas?thanks

Sponsored Links
hi i am new to the forum ,i have been havin a great deal of hassle with my ideal response 120 combi boiler.its got an intermittant fault were the burner will not light ive replaced the 2 pcb boards and allthough it worked for a while its now packed up again .has anybody got any ideas?thanks

take a hammer to it, take it to the scrappy. Put what the scrapman gives you towards a decent boiler. ;)

As DM says or call Ideal. They made this carp, let them fix it :mad:

Probably needs a good service and a set of new electrodes. However the above points are very good ones. ;)

Sponsored Links
Likely to be the spark generator. About £35 and 5 minutes. Easy to test - have you?

Likely to be the spark generator. About £35 and 5 minutes. Easy to test - have you?
ye think so have disconnected the ht leads from the spark electrodes and there was no spark between the ht leads does this make sense?

I famously went to three responses in one day all with a faulty spark gen but I only had two new ones with me!

More recently the problems have mostly been leaking heat exchangers.

Tony

ye think so have disconnected the ht leads from the spark electrodes and there was no spark between the ht leads does this make sense?

Yup, id have started with the spark gen, they are p**s poor on these. as is much of the boiler :LOL:
put a new spark genarator in seems to be working fine now cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back