ideal Response 120

Sounds like it's not sensing the CH Flow temperature correctly (or at all). ISTR sensor is inside firewall, so CORGI job.

Sponsored Links
chris r ,you turned the iso valve the wrong way it one works in one direction. i made the same mistake my self.if u take off an iso vlv u will see that the ball has a small hole in one side.
if you fit a remote pv it will contravene regulations as it can be isolated,
and cause the pressue inside boiler to rise rapidly & burst.
ps .the vessels fitted to this boiler were always failing, to do with its shape, another design fault that made the repone 120 a troublesome machine

If a remote vessel is fitted then the PRV is still connected to the boiler and will protect it as normal if some idiot has closed the boiler isolating valves.

Who except a boiler engineer would do that anyway?

I have a Response 120 with a broken EV to deal with. Chris has practiced with his workshop boiler and confirms it can be replaced from the right hand side. My job is up against a wall on the right so boiler has to come off the wall! A real pain!

My other job has gone very wrong! Fan speed PCB only in stock at Camberly and Isleworth HRPC and someone else bought it an hour before I got there! Chris is posting a recovered one and someone here may be able to help me tomorrow. Stupid thing is the commissioning firm took out two 120s recently and dumped them !!!

Tony

Sponsored Links
chris r ,you turned the iso valve the wrong way it one works in one direction.
No that's the CW inlet valve!
I think the iso valves I was dealing with then (last year!) were letting by, but it does hold a lot of water anyway, and it doesn't all come out through the drain off tap.
While stripping one of these for scrap (and education) I noted how hard it it was to get the electrodes out. Hard to get at, and then seized in!
I also kept the new low pressure switch, which (if correct) is no longer the same SIT one you get on Pumas etc.
Kept a few other bits but hope I don't need to use them - sent the boards to Tony!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back