Ideal Boiler Problem

ok ....fan reqs 240v ...if stiff lubeing the bearings can help
no permanent pilot .... thermistor can play up....
pcb occasionally has relay sticking ..new pcb solves that ....
if pump on and clock on chk 240v at live into chb ..chk 240v at fan also
the air press switch can stick as well.....all the above mean going into the boiler and poss testing when electrically live ....unless you are totally happy testing and chking when live it is best to leave to an RGI ....

• Thanks
Reactions: BF
Sponsored Links
Check your pump. Sounds as though it could be sitting waiting for the HE to cool before firing again.

The pump is running on mine but the boiler is not firing up - reading a few similar stories it seems the problem could be the fan is stuck?

I had that problem previously. Just needs to be `flicked` to see if that resolves it.

I have tried that this time round but to no avail.

Update:

Isn`t it just typical that when the engineer turns up the heating is working as though nothing ever happened!

The engineer couldn`t find a problem but just as he was about to leave it went off and wouldn`t re-start.

It seems it could be the PCB so he is going to replace it on Wednesday. We`ll see where we go from there.

Sponsored Links
Turns out it was a burnt out relay on the PCB that caused the problem. PCB has now been replaced and warmth restored!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back