Ideal Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My ideal boiler is not igniting. should I switch it off. I switched the immersion heater on to warm the water. What would the best way be to fix my boiler.

Sponsored Links
Post more detail of boiler, ie, model number.

More detail of what is happening (or not)

But first check if you have a pilot is it lit :?:

Sorry dont know or work on ideal boilers though many on here know them well, with more info they'll have you up and running in no time. :)

mcpiet said:
My ideal boiler is not igniting. should I switch it off. I switched the immersion heater on to warm the water. What would the best way be to fix my boiler.

The Boiler is an Ideal Classic FF240 - TD 111119 0129 05204 and the Pilot light is not burning. The boiler is not igniting and the pilot does not come on so the water is not getting warm. Its connected to an unvented Thermostore sytem from what I can make out. The boiler was making a noise like ringing noise before it stopped igniting. How old do you think my boiler would be?
How does the immersion heater work. I have switched it on to heat the water as a back up because the boiler being down. How long should I leave it on for. How economical is the immersion heater does it use a lot of extra electricity or not?

Would it be a good idea to get a srvicing contract with British gas? £29 per month to sevice my boiler and central heating system

Your boiler doesn't have a permanent pilot.
Not much you can do other than call anengineer.

Use the immersion heater - it'll take an hour or more to warm up from cold, Say 4 kw Hours, around 40p depending. Gas is a bit less.

Sponsored Links
Your boiler is generally very reliable.

If its a pressurised system have you checked the water pressure ???

As Chris says a competent boiler engineer is likely to be needed.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back