Ideal C24 Boiler

Jim

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The heating system is fine but the boiler doesn't work correctly driving an Aqualisa Quartz digital shower installed about 6 months ago.In the morning I have to get the heating going before I get any hot water out of the shower. Even then the shower is not hot enough and the blue light continues fllashing. If I turn off the shower I get hot water out of the tap. Any ideas please on what the problem might be ?
Jim

Sponsored Links
Its not clear what you have.

It reads as a combi boiler which some idiot has connected to an electric shower!

Can you explain more clearly?

Tony

Quartz digital shower ? as u know ?? it has to be the type secific for a combi ? I beleive there are temp adjustments inside the showers box of tricks ! 6 months old still under warranty from aqalisa !!

Assumes of course it is not a boiler fault ??

Aqualisa quartz digital is not an electric shower. The boiler is a combi and the "box" is set to combi. The hot water system seems ok so logically it seems it must be the processing gubbins in the control unit. Am getting Aqualisa to come and look into this problem.
Thanks
Jim

Sponsored Links
Oh dear ! The problem is now that the water heating will not work unless the central heating is on. This combi should allow use of the water heating on its own. I conclude therefore that its not the shower that is the problem. Any ideas please as to what the problem might be with the Ideal C24 ?
Jim

Is this a Mini C24?

If so, take the outer case off and look for a red light to the left of the pump when a hot tap is on.

If it is not red, then it will be either the switch or the magnetic 'shuttle' in the block stuck.

I wish someone could describe what this shower unit does if its not an electric shower!

The boiler will provide either CH or DHW. It cannot provide hot water unless the demand is detected and the diverter moves ( unless its stuck mid way which is unlikely ).

I need more information from the OP.

Tony

The shower is controlled by a processor that mixes H & C water to deliver at the temperature you require at the shower head. The H & C is connected to the box which has the valves and processor in it. Its a shower that works thro this complicated mixer controller and is not an electric shower- ie its not connected to a power supply as such.
Jim

In that case it will need the boiler set to deliver a stable temperature within its modulating range.

And of course working correctly.

Tony

Is this a Mini C24?

If so, take the outer case off and look for a red light to the left of the pump when a hot tap is on.

If it is not red, then it will be either the switch or the magnetic 'shuttle' in the block stuck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back