Ideal Classic FF250 making a humming noise

LJD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Ideal Classic FF250 bolier that has strated to make a high pitched humming noise. It is about 7 years old, and I do not know the history of repairs as I have only lived in my house 1 year. I have tried to get the cover off but I cannot find out how to remove it as the bolier is all boxed in...

Sponsored Links
So how do I tell what model number of fan to get to replace the dying one? My boiler has the same noise coming out of it.

ff250 ideal part no for fan is 171461

If its a slimline its 171463

[/b]

Sponsored Links
Ps these boilers also make a high pitched humming noise from the gas valve solenoids usually caused by the pcb or the solenoids themselves. So just check where the noise is coming from. If it is near the top its the fan near the bottom then pcb or solenoids! :D

According to my Googling, the 171461 is for FF30 through FF80 and not the FF250.
Before I pay someone £60 for this part I need to be confident it's the right part.

Help :cry:

Usually there are only two fans on most classics.

One has both electrical connectors on the left of the motor, the other has one each side. This one is more expensive.

I decided to take the cover off and look for myself.
Fan: WFFB0221-039
UIN 151586
Batch: 24/05 W/O: 135830
<br>
Two spade connectors on the left.
<br>
According to keeptheheaton.com the 151586 has been replaced with the 171461 exactly as shambolic pointed out. Sorry for doubting you shambolic.
<br>
-R[/img]

My fan has just started to make a nasty humming/squeling noise everytime the burner kicks in which quietens down after a minute or two. It has started to do this a day after a small crack in the heat exchanger was identified, (repair pending), but can the small leak / slight pressure drop cause the fan the make a noise?

What boiler are you on about? Start a new thread with the correct details of your boiler.
Cracks in Classic ff250's are not repairable.

Sorry. Yes it is a classic ff250. I've been advised by one plumber/heating engineer to drop a leak sealer in it as a first attempt at a fix.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back