Ideal classic

A bit unfair looking at the start of the thread it was Derekoo who tried to be helpful with a few suggestions which ianmcd started sniping at him with post 5 with gas112 jumping on the bandwagon in post 9. Derekoo then gave as good as he got if not better. Hopefully the OP will come back with the the outcome of the resulting investigations and all will be the wiser and someone will have guessed right which looking at the number of previous postings should be ianmcd closely followed by gas112 but you never know?
Read it again , he asked if Inhibitor had ever been added when there is a pic of an empty inhibitor cantainer next to the F&E tank, I was not sniping at anyone, some inhibitors come with a label that you complete the date when installed and stick it to the boiler casing or the F&E tank , some dont so we leave the empty container next to the F&E tank so anyone else returning knows what is in the system, hope this clears things up for you

Sponsored Links
Read it again , he asked if Inhibitor had ever been added when there is a pic of an empty inhibitor cantainer next to the F&E tank, I was not sniping at anyone, some inhibitors come with a label that you complete the date when installed and stick it to the boiler casing or the F&E tank , some dont so we leave the empty container next to the F&E tank so anyone else returning knows what is in the system, hope this clears things up for you
So why not depart that information in the 1st instance instead of the comment of the clue being in the picture, then the OP, Derekoo and others ( me included) would be a bit more knowledgeable without having to be Sherlock Holmes. I know I have asked a question but please don't reply otherwise we may end up with another saga discussion :).

So why not depart that information in the 1st instance instead of the comment of the clue being in the picture, then the OP, Derekoo and others ( me included) would be a bit more knowledgeable without having to be Sherlock Holmes. I know I have asked a question but please don't reply otherwise we may end up with another saga discussion :).
I honestly dont see the problem, the container is there for all to see , wasnt being a smart erse just stated the obvious, anyway, back to the origional post this silly arguing does not help the poster with his/hers problem, the advice given I stand by it is not a boiler problem, if you can add something more constructive please do

Sponsored Links
I know I have asked a question but please don't reply otherwise we may end up with another saga discussion :).
I had an inkling you would
the container is there for all to see ,
Indeed it was ( could have been cleanser?) but since everyone is not au fait with central heating niceties as advised in your earlier post I don't see it as being obvious but best not dwell on that point.
if you can add something more constructive please do
Ditto, but please don't , like Razor900 I don't want to end up Mod accusing me of trolling and banning me
I think @Hugh Jaleak is probably closest. I'd go with blocked cold feed.

Please don't ban me :D:D:D
Wasn't that what Derekoo intimated in his original response but without the benefit of the air separator piccy, And (correct me if I am wrong) haven't these devices fell out of favour theses days due to such devices having a tendency to block??
I am going even money Pump fecked
3-1 blocked cold feed
10-1 heat exchanger
and any more of your nonsense and you will be banned
Heat exchanger should be 1000-1 but C'mon OP put us out of our misery

Ok my man has been around and it’s the pump failing, back tomorrow with a new pump, no he didn’t try to sell me a new boiler , I had a choice of getting a pump off the internet cheap but waiting or a new energy efficient one, no hard sell etc just choices - I’m going for new efficient

Always start with the basics first no point trying to jump several diagnostic points then having to back track

Ok my man has been around and it’s the pump failing, back tomorrow with a new pump, no he didn’t try to sell me a new boiler , I had a choice of getting a pump off the internet cheap but waiting or a new energy efficient one, no hard sell etc just choices - I’m going for new efficient
Personally if it was me I would have went with a standard effiency old style pump, the new modulating pumps are OK , but your boiler might not like it, can be OK in some setups, but your boiler might start clicking on and off with a modulating pump, as said just my opinion, I just dont like them but I am just old school like your boiler

These are a very good grundfos clone at great price .

Well done 112 spot on, ianmcd could have been a bit more specific without the attitude, Derekoo good effort but way off the mark. But at the end of the day people tried to be helpful and thats whats it all about . Defo end of my contribution constuctive or not:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back