Ideal combi 30 boiler status c no heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have an ideal logic combi 30 that's not giving central heating as of 5 days ago. Boiler is about 5-6 years old. Thermostat was dropping out a lot and kept having to tap it until it just came on no longer. Bought and fitted a new one today. Still no heating. Hot water working fine. Can get boiler to display 'c' and burner light will come on for about 20 seconds then go out. It is trying to come on but can't. Drained the last radiator today and the burner light came on a lot more and the pipes would warm up but once I stopped draining it would just go back to c and no light again. Does anyone know what this means?

Sponsored Links
make sure you havent closed an isolation valve by mistake when topping the pressure up , very common on this boiler

Sponsored Links
Hi, I'm in a similar position at the moment did you ever get this fixed? I've installed a hive thermostat, boiler kicks in, shows a C but the burner light only comes on and off and the radiators never warm up.

post a pic of the valves below the boiler, you have a circulation problem

Thanks Ian, you mentioned on my thread that I might have a stuck pump?

Attachments

• PXL_20210326_135154323.jpg
    PXL_20210326_135154323.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 439
Jason please put this on your own thread, you cant Hi_jack threads you will not get the correct advice , it gets far too confusing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back