ideal combi boiler help required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey all, i've just rented a house with ideal combi boiler, the first few days heating and hot water was working but now only hot water works and i can't get heating on? I have read the instruction manual but can't make head nor tail of it? can someone help me please? i have never had central heating before, i have no technical knowledge of boilers, looking for the easiest of easy instructions? lol thanks

Sponsored Links
It looks like the pressure could be your problem

You should have a filling loop to fill the system to about 1 bar cold
It's normally a braded hose with one/ two taps

It looks like the pressure could be your problem

You should have a filling loop to fill the system to about 1 bar cold
It's normally a braded hose with one/ two taps

sorry, i aint got a clue what your telling me? if there is no obvious solution, should i just contact my landlord?

Yes contact your landlord if your not in a hurry, or

If you look under the boiler you may see a silver hose, this will have a turn tap at one or both ends,

Open this or these until the gauge reads one bar instead of .5

Sometimes the filling loop is s part of the boiler underneath and their may be two taps ( same as above)

Or you may find a filling loop In a cupboard below the boiler or somewhere else on the system

Sponsored Links
I dont think the hot water would work if the pressure was the problem, get your landlord to show you how the boiler works and sort out the problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back