Ideal Concord WRS Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to re-instate the wiring for the central heating system, having an Ideal Concord WRS boiler (I know, installed by Noah). Timer was a very old type apparently (now removed) so I'll be wiring up a new one of those too.
So, the configuration is:
Fused switched spur off ring main
2 port valve (whatever one of those is)
T&E coming in from thermostat
Immersion heater in top of cylinder

I'm assuming that the timer will help me with which wires go into it, and therefore which bits it drives (eg the valve, the boiler) and that I should be able to work it out from there :confused: :eek:
Just got my C&G 2381 so I'm well aware of all that stuff that I don't know :oops: , so your help please guys !

Sponsored Links
Only one 2 port valve? Would that be on the 28mm gravity circulation pipes to the cylinder?

The immersion heater wiring is completely separate to the CH controls!

Is thermostat room stat or cylinder stat?

Chris - I'll answer as best I can

I believe that there is only one valve, which is sited on the floor by the cylinder, and my memory tells me that there are some fairly hefty pipes (I had assumed 22mm but certainly could be 28). There is a junction box (or was) to the wires, and also this is where the wires from the room stat terminate.
Appreciate what u say about the immersion heater, only included it for completeness.

And thanks for your help thus far - greatly appreciated !

I believe that there is only one valve
But we need to be sure. Usually there are 2 x 2 port valves, or 1 x 3 port valve. Please check this carefully and make sure you've accounted for all components in the control system - some may be hidden but all should be traceable via the wiring connections to the junction box, etc.

Sponsored Links
DavePrior said:
Hi,

I need to re-instate the wiring for the central heating system, having an Ideal Concord WRS boiler (I know, installed by Noah). Timer was a very old type apparently (now removed) so I'll be wiring up a new one of those too.
So, the configuration is:
Fused switched spur off ring main
2 port valve (whatever one of those is)
T&E coming in from thermostat
Immersion heater in top of cylinder

I'm assuming that the timer will help me with which wires go into it, and therefore which bits it drives (eg the valve, the boiler) and that I should be able to work it out from there :confused: :eek:
Just got my C&G 2381 so I'm well aware of all that stuff that I don't know :oops: , so your help please guys !

you need to check the c plan on the hooneywell web page

Thanks Chris - I'll check tomorrow and update this post.

B.O.B. - need a little help here pls. I've been on the Honeywell website and searched for C PLan - it doesn't recognise this....

Excellent ! Many thanks guys. I'll print off the wiring diag and use that.

Much appreciated :D

Just make sure your system is the same! That's what I was trying to get you to confirm.

Appreciate your help guys, however I've decided that it's best to get a combi put in. Boiler's 30yrs+ and probably hugely inefficient. Add to that the fact that there is no cylinder stat.
Just for the record, the web pages were very useful, as were the instructions regarding wiring of timers/programmers. I had just about worked out what I needed to do (I think).

Chris - there was/is only one valve, though I take your point that I need to know more about CH before getting more involved in this, so down to the library for me !

Once again, thanks for your help guys - very much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back