Ideal E Type RS80N Pilot Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Tonight i noticed that the rads had gone cold and went and checked the boiler and hey presto - no pilot.
I relit the pilot as per instructions and there was no problem. I started up the CH and the main burner lit and run as usual. Once the temp the stat was set to was happy the main burner shut down and the pilot was still lit and I thought all was fine.
After a few minutes I heard a click from the boiler and went to have a look and the pilot was out again. I've watched it run the cycle and the pilot will click off after about 2 minutes of the main burner stopping.
It is kettling at the moment so I have to drain it down.
Is there any advice as to what I may be looking at - I've read about overheat thermostats etc as I don't think it's a thermocouple as it relights on the dot each time and the main burner seems to run ok.
Regards
Paul.

Sponsored Links
On his way tomorrow. I know I can't do anything to it it's just that I like to know what's happening.
Are parts still readily available for these old things and coild someone point me in the right direction for a supplier should I need parts quickly as I have a young one and don't want to be without it for too long.
Thanks

take no notice it's the stevens valve thats gone ehh mick ;)

images

Sponsored Links
BlimeyI thought I was the only one old enough to remember them Kev. ;)

still got a brand new one in a bag somewhere ;)

**** no i havent i donated it to hartlepool college a couple of years ago :oops:

anyhoo to the OP get an RGI in easier on your mind and your wallet ;)

Cheers for the advice chaps, but does anyone know if a major component like a heat exchanger can be sourced?
It's kettling like hell at the moment so I'd like to know if it's a new boiler job or maybe just a new exchanger.

you'd probably be better off, in the long run, to replace boiler than the heat exchanger.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back