Ideal HE12 Boiler still thumping

Thanks all.... Dropped Allen a message.. Lets see what he thinks.. If its the Main Exchanger which is at fault, I guess its time for a new boiler?

I will check out the pump at the weekend and see what it looks like.. The only reason why I don't think its the pump is that it has a variable speed slider on it and I have changed the speed and nothing changes.. There is no science to this belief, but I figured that if it were the pump changing the speed would have SOME effect?

Sponsored Links
This is interesting as another problem in the house that I am investigating is an on/off low hum when the heating and/or water is on.. It only happens occasionally making it hard to debug.. But I have traced it to the airing cupboard and specifically the tank.. But its crossed my mind that the source of the sound could originate from somewhere else (i.e the boiler), even though you can't hear it downstairs at the boiler.

Does this mean anything to anyone?

Replace any float valves in the cold water storage tank and expansion tank in the loft.

Andy

Sponsored Links
T

The only reason why I don't think its the pump is that it has a variable speed slider on it and I have changed the speed and nothing changes.. There is no science to this belief, but I figured that if it were the pump changing the speed would have SOME effect?
Yes, I don't think it's likely to be the culprit, but it's not a big job to eliminate it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back