Ideal he30 L-F fault

Why buy the scrap pcb, fault was 100% diagnosed in your first post?

Because Christmas is coming. If i waited for the ignition module to arrive and then it didn't work then i would have to have ordered a pcb which probably wouldn't have arrived before Christmas.For the sake of £9.99 it was worth buying even though i didn't need it.Given the reputation of these boilers i will probably need it in the near future!

Sponsored Links
Video doctor you see messing with things you nothing about , just so you can see what shambolic is on about , go back to being a google warrior and find the gas safe technical bulletin 108 regarding your very boiler . as you see all gas engineers are able to access this info easily so how pedantic is he being now :rolleyes:;) . i just can't be bothered to go into the rest of what he said because your being ignorant to what you may have caused :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::sneaky: . leave that bl@@dy boiler alone

The boiler is being gas safety checked next week.I don't really see how replacing an ignition module warrants all of your tests shambolic.I have not touched the gas valve or pipe work,the flue or the burner or insulation.You are just being pedantic and extremely unhelpful.I have only replaced the ignition module which does not have any gas or flue issues.The ignition spark plug that goes into the boiler has not been touched.If any of the above tests need performing then the gas safety engineer will do them next week i assume.
You assume wrong. Per bulletin any work even just to replace a caseing screw on this boiler then it must be stripped and insulation and retaining pins checked and replaced as necessary.
I wonder why Ideal had to release a safety bulletin to the industry as that's a pretty serious step to take isn't it?
But carry on putting your family at risk, what would I know I'm only the senior engineer for ideal for Scotland and according to you "only nitpicking'

Sponsored Links
Oh and did you remove the COMBUSTION cover to get to the spark generator?
I've given you a clue. As soon as that cover has been touched the 4 tests must be carried out.

find the gas safe technical bulletin 108 regarding your very boiler

Why not post it so the OP and others can be made fully aware of the potential hazards that might exist from using the appliance. And also they can make it available to the next person who services the appliance.

( is it 108 or was there a typing error )

It wont mean mean much, just refers to the useless original ionization / insulation retaining pins failing and the insulation falling onto the top of the heat exchanger causing the flames to melt a big hole in the burner chamber wall. They need checking to make sure the updated kit has been / needs to be fitted so when they distort they still manage to hold the insulation up. It's all pretty irrelevant to the boiler owner who just needs the annual service booked.

It's all pretty irrelevant to the boiler owner who just needs the annual service booked.
Agree with that, but is there a system in place that notifies gas technicians about these bulletins ? It is relevant to the appliance owner that the technician servicing the appliance is up to date with safety critical information.

Agree with that, but is there a system in place that notifies gas technicians about these bulletins ? It is relevant to the appliance owner that the technician servicing the appliance is up to date with safety critical information.
You should know where to find them :rolleyes:

your no stranger to the keyboard bernardgreen and surely you could obtain them :)

your no stranger to the keyboard bernardgreen and surely you could obtain them
I probably could get copies. But I don't need to as I am not servicing anyone's gas equipment. My question was about whether the technicians servicing domestic appliances would be aware of these bulletins.

I probably could get copies. But I don't need to as I am not servicing anyone's gas equipment. My question was about whether the technicians servicing domestic appliances would be aware of these bulletins.
yes , but like always the engineer has to be willing to find and use it . theres one on your boiler as well :whistle::whistle::)

IMG_3129.PNG

Well done @AGAS back in 2009 but right TB number

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back