Ideal ICOS HE15 - continuous fan running

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just got this boiler installed and noted it contains its own pump and a fan assisted flue. The problem is when the boiler cuts out and stops burning gas i.e. standby mode, the fan keeps running. Both the fan and pump together generate quite a bit of noise. Is this normal? Can or should the fan be switched off when not burning gas? Is it possible to program it to shutdown when not required?

Sponsored Links
The fan and pump do overun, a few seconds and a few minutes respecotviely.

Otherwise you have a PCB fault - call 'em in and make them suffer!

respecotviely.

jesus dan how many have you had tonight? :D Thats got to be the worst attempt at spelling I've seen on here, you started it so well too :LOL:

so i presume there is no technical reason for the fan to continue running ? could the pcb be realistically faulty straight after installation?

Sponsored Links
shouldn't be noisy they are normally reasonably quiet when running and the pump isn't part of the boiler is it a new one? is it bled properly? also although not relevant on the 12 and 15 the larger 19 and 22 Kw versions require 28mm pipework (got caught on that when i fitted the first 19Kw Evo)

kevindgas said:
shouldn't be noisy they are normally reasonably quiet when running and the pump isn't part of the boiler is it a new one? is it bled properly? also although not relevant on the 12 and 15 the larger 19 and 22 Kw versions require 28mm pipework (got caught on that when i fitted the first 19Kw Evo)

it has an integrated pump, i took off the covers and verified what the manual diagram indicated. Not sure if it is bled properly - will check. by the way the whole unit makes the same amount of noise regardless of whether the unit is burning gas or not !

Only the system boiler versions have pump over run built in. The fan will keep going for a few minutes to clear all poc from heat exchanger. If a system boiler the pump could run on for about 6 mins. Didn't think the HE15 was a system boiler though :rolleyes:

Perhaps its been wired up wrong with the permanent live and switched live transposed.

its a HE15, non-system type boiler. it turns out the fan does spin down after unit goes to standby. the noise is from the integrated pump in the unit continuously circulating HW through the pipes. Pity it is integrated into the unit as the pump is hidden away in some other houses in hot presses etc and they are usually very quiet, even up close.

there are two versions of ideal and 1 version of evo HE15
only 1 of the ideal versions is a system boiler with internal pump the other two are heat only boilers!

Takes me back to the CBi days when the system boiler version was actually a phecking CDi without the combi fittings.

What an embarassing morning that was :(

just like a Vaillant Ecotec 600 series! which is a 800 series without the water side :LOL:

vvvvvvvv recently found out they make a heat only boiler!! 400's oh well live and learn :LOL:

Yeah but no phecker at my merchants OR Worcester bothered to tell me when I phoned up to ask. I fitted a lot of CBi's 'cos of their size and were better than Suprima's.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back