Ideal icos HE15 problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, just signed up to forum and read a couple of threads on similar problems to mine but slightly different.

I have a HE15 boiler and no CH. There are no fault codes on the front, status is 0 but the controller is set to continuous and stat is set to max. I've tried powering it down and when i switched it on again it worked fine for about 5 mins then gave up. Now when I power it down and on again the burner led comes on for a split sec, status changes to 1 but then does nothing. I've tried 3 times and still get no fault indications.

What I did notice was the pressure gauge in airing cupboard for CH filling loop had dropped nearly to zero, I've represured to 1.7 ish.

From what I've seen already zone valves fix this? Or clearing a trap? Which I have no access to (2nd floor flat) I don't think. Nothing comes from under boiler apart from mains cable and 2 solid pipes that can't be removed.

Many thx for any advice, I fear I may have to call someone out but am rather broke and have 3 children freezing their gonads off. Hope a nice engineer would take payment in kind ;)

Sponsored Links
Your boiler cannot work with only two pipes!

It needs THREE !

Perhaps thats the problem?

What payment in kind did you have in mind?

Sponsored Links
Flue goes straight out the rear of the boiler through wall, then at bottom are mains cable, one small pipe one slightly bigger pipe. As you can imagine I'm completely useless at these things. Hence I'm here asking for help.
The payment in kind would be a cup of tea, sandwich pat on the back and thx darlin'.

Sounds like a 2 or 3 port valve problem to me the C will display for HW as well as heating sorry take a picture of the valves usually in the airing cupboard that might help Paul.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back