Ideal isar again

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ideal isar,combi
I have been called to a customer house tonight to re-commission the boiler after a drain down. The system had been drained and out of operation for about 10 months, I filled the system to find that I needed to change the auto-air vent, I done that filled the system got as much air out as possible, give it a clean out & checked over. All ok put the gas back on & electric, turned on the fuse spur and turned on the boiler, it sounded like the pump ran but did not fire up, burner light comes on for about 3sec. but the display is coming up 0 with 3 lines on top of each other a bit like a number 3 but without the line going down the edge. Has anyone got Any ideas . I think it may be the pump or PCB but the display is sending me up the wall. I’ll phone ideal tomorrow but just wondering if anyone has had this problem. :rolleyes:
Thanks for your time bootnecksport
;)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Sounds like H and 3 which would be DHW thermistor error.

Possible if it's been sitting in static water for 10 months
worth checking what resistance it is giving.

Sounds like the display is going.

Best place for the isar is a skip.

thanks for all your feed back,
I'll have to have a look in to it tomorrow when its cold down and spend a bit more time on it..
I'll let you know the out come..my end up with that multi tool the hammer :p
ps the pump sounded a bit gritty

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back