Ideal isar he24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

i see there are quite a few issues with this boiler. Just a quick one, what does everyone recommend the central heating temperature should be set to on the boiler?

problem i am having is, the thermostat can be anywhere between 20 and 30 degrees and the house only heats up to 19-20 max in most rooms.

i have just purchased a new build, that has had this installed.

thanks for any info.
Ash

Sponsored Links
You should be able to set the ch stat at about 12 o'clock/1 o'clock position on a new build preoperty, IF the rads have been sized properly.

What have you set th trvs at?

If stat is in hall 20C should be ample.

My rads are all set to full. the thermostat on the wall is set between 20-30.

but i think there is also the option to set the temp on the boiler itself. which i need to have a look at tonight. just wanted to know what everyone else has theirs set to.

thanks

Sponsored Links
ok, mine does not have the manual dials, its an lcd display. i think i have found it and my one is set to 50c. should i increase this to the max. i just found something else in the manual and states this boiler can go upto 82c.. should i turn it to the max or not a good idea??

thanks gas4you

Turn it to max , see what happens.

My money is on it getting hotter ;)

lol, i know i can turn it up, but the guy who was showing me round the house, said its all balanced and worked out with all radiators etc.,
so i thought maybe not a good idea to turn it up because of the setup, so thought i'd ask first incase.

thanks

Ash.

50C is text book if they have got the rads perfect size. Usually running it at 60C would be better.

Theoretically, the efficiency on condensers goes down rapidly when the return temp gets above 54 C. also theoretically, the drop between flow and return should be 20 C. in reality, these figures don’t seem to be too strict.
Bearing in mind that the principle remains true, the lower the boiler is set, the more efficient. Up to 65 C, is almost always low enough to ensure maximum efficiency. Avoid setting to max, unless really cold.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back