...Ideal isar he24.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Got a problem with this boiler.....the issue apart from the leaks from the secondary heat exchanger and the pcb blowing up...which is now fixed... is when dhw is running the return ch pipe also gets hot as well....can anyone hear explain why this maybe.....can understand if was the diverter side of ch pipe but its not...

Sponsored Links
Hi can feel the heat around 100mm below the the central heating return pipe....I agree they are crap boilers.

I think you will find that the diaphragm has split or the spring in the diverter valve is on its way out, it will only get worse in till repaired and the heat will start heating upstairs rads instead of heating your hot water

Sponsored Links
All radiators upstairs working, its just when you close the hot water which is also working it just dumps the hot water into the return pipe of the central heating pipe...not sure if its the diaphram....also hot water is also spewing out of the vent screw and not small spillage when unscrewed to vent pump...the pump does get really hot...thinking bearing might have gone in pump.

No pressure gauge dosnt fluctuate....just realised when hot tap is open can hear tickling of water going upstairs radiators but flow 22mm rad pipe is cold only return pipe geting hot...going backwards if you know what I mean....

All radiators upstairs working, its just when you close the hot water which is also working it just dumps the hot water into the return pipe of the central heating pipe...not sure if its the diaphram....also hot water is also spewing out of the vent screw and not small spillage when unscrewed to vent pump...the pump does get really hot...thinking bearing might have gone in pump.

Lol...this is a wind up :rolleyes:

Sorry no its not.....its a genuine problem I have with this boiler.

You are saying that its a problem but I doubt it.

Its only a problem when the rads actually getting hot and not just the pipes.

That boiler does not have a diaphragm operated diverter valve.

It is a motor actuated plunger type which can become stuck and there is a repair kit available but they are not very successful unless the remainder is very carefully cleaned.

But I have no reason to think there is anything wrong with your boiler!

Tony

Take the diverter motor off then push on the valve spring,it should move with just thumb pressure.If not then your diverter is shagged.

Diverter valve is ok...goes in and out ok dont think its that the issue is possibly pump is knackered as the water getting really hot whilst you touch metal and also the feed pipe to main heat exchanger is luke warm....so therefore its not pumping water up as most water is being held back in the motor .....the reason why I think this maybe the issue is because as you open the vent of the pump it dosent stop the water and the gauge pressure drops possibly bearing knackard..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back