Ideal Isar HE30 pcb

Here is the item number on ebay-

I paid £56 for a new in its box V9 controller. £24 for just the transformer seems awfully expensive. I would have expected around £8 inc delivered for such a small transformer.

Maybe but we a talking supply and demand here. It was far cheaper than a new board from a supplier. Just tried the old board with new transformer. It worked as normal and that's good enough for me.

Sure I could find a transformer cheaper if I had the time but I don't. When it comes to hundreds of pounds then I will find the time.

Sponsored Links
Hello.
Can anyone let me have a copy of the instructions for 174 486 / 173 534 or info on where to find them.
T.V.M.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. Had same fault - boiler dead. Tested transformer - no primary resistance. I have now ordered a new transformer from ebay for £14.
Goto ebay. Search 042-0641.0.
Hope this helps anyone new looking through this thread.
Rhinosoros

Sponsored Links
Guys I have had this same problem again and again purchased 2 used PCB`s both packed up within a year all these transformers burn out after a few years.

No point getting a used PCB will have the same issue as I did few months down the line.

Finally found a Replacement Transformer and 1 year down the line still going strong. Unless you are gonna buy a brand new PCB dont bother buying a used one.

A new Transformer will last much longer as per my experience.

Below is the link not sure if I can post links here but hope this helps to anyone with the same issue :))

Or Google GUC Electronics I hope they still list / sell this transformer as im sure there will be lots of people in the same boat.

http://www.guc-electronics.co.uk/mi...cb-part-numbers-174486-173534-diy-repair.html

Last edited:
Guys I have had this same problem again and again purchased 2 used PCB`s both packed up within a year all these transformers burn out after a few years.

No point getting a used PCB will have the same issue as I did few months down the line.

Finally found a Replacement Transformer and 1 year down the line still going strong. Unless you are gonna buy a brand new PCB dont bother buying used one.

A new Transformer will last much longer as per my experience.

Below is the link not sure if I can post links here but hope this help to anyone with the same issue :))

Or Google GUC Electronics I hope they still list / sell this transformer as I im sure there will be lots of people in the same boat.

http://www.guc-electronics.co.uk/mi...cb-part-numbers-174486-173534-diy-repair.html
I love guys like you.

Glad I can help mate. Been there many many times before.

Something so simple but can be worth gold-dust to someone in need.

Had to reply when I saw this :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back