Ideal Isar HE35 no hot water or heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Came home last night to find that I had no hot water! The boiler is 5 years old and this isn't the first time it has broken down.

Last year it wouldn't give me hot water but the heating was working. It would make noises when I turned the water on as if it was trying to light but couldn't.

The front display showed a horizontal line with a dot in the corner of which ideal advised that was fault so replaced it. Still didn't work! Sent that back and replaced the PCB and it's worked since (the front display still shows this line and dot though).

Now it won't give either hot water or work with the heating. When I turn the water on it makes no noise as if attempting to light. All I can hear is a faint clicking noise that I have found is coming from the front display.

The pressure is above 1 bar and there is a possibility that the front unit displays some letters for fault codes. However its faint and only does it ever so often so I can't be sure, but if I had to guess it was a L and then at some point an E.

Also there is no sign of life from the burner light on the display and I have held the reset button for longer than 3 seconds.

Can anyone help before I throw this thing out the window!

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Skip this boiler while you have the chance unless it is a cheap part.
They are awful and will eat expensive parts regularly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back