ideal isar m30100 not starting up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My house was cold when got home today and i've found my boiler is not responding.

I have just read the damning comments about this boiler while searching for advice - and would like to point out that i didn't choose it - it came with the house!

The red LED light on the power switch is working - but there is no display on the screen. Usually it displays an '0' to indicate that it is on standby, but nothing.

Turning it off and back on again doesn't change anything. It makes no internal noises and displays nothing on the screen.

The instructions dont mention anything about the screen displaying nothing - only error codes and normal operation, so im a loss!

Can anyone offer me any help please?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply.

Oh dear - that sounds expensive. Any idea how expensive?

If its going to be a new main PCB might i be better swapping the whole unit now to save future headaches, or would the repair be quite a lot cheaper than an alternative boiler?

the PCB will cost you 170 to 200 depending where you buy it

so a tad cheaper than a new boiler.

Try BG and their Fixed price call thingy it would be cheaper

:)

Sponsored Links
Definitely BG fixed repair for this. - The last one of these I did came to £240 inc labour. - I did it cheap beacause I felt guilty at selling her the boiler 3 years before.

If BG are still doing the £150.00 fixed price repair, go for that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back