Ideal loft cable routing

This job isn't imminent and I like to have a good understanding before hand if what I'm going to do, shouldn't do and what I have to make choices about.
Fair enough, but do remember the unknown-unknowns problem if you DIY. If all you do is to ask about the things you know you don't know, you run the risk of not asking about things you don't know but have no idea that they exist and you do need to know them.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Nobody knows, that's the point!
Indeed - and that, of course, would be a reason for none of us to ever doing anything, since there is always the possibility that we don't know that we don't know something important in relation to the task!

Kind Regards, John

Indeed - and that, of course, would be a reason for none of us to ever doing anything, since there is always the possibility that we don't know that we don't know something important in relation to the task!
That would be true in the following scenarios.
  1. The task is so complex that the amount to know exceeds the ability of any individual to cope.
  2. The person carrying out the task had elected to not learn the finite and achievable number of things which were widely regarded as necessary by authoritative sources.
  3. The person carrying out the task was not capable of learning the ditto.

If you can think of any others, please say.

.... The person carrying out the task had elected to not learn the finite and achievable number of things which were widely regarded as necessary by authoritative sources.
'Electing' would not come into it if the person did not know what (s)he did not know about "the finite and achievable number of things which were widely regarded as necessary by authoritative sources".

Kind Regards, John

My apologies - I thought I had explained it clearly enough for anyone to understand.

2. The person carrying out the task had
elected
to
not
learn

the finite and achievable number of things which were widely regarded as necessary by authoritative sources.

In other words, they decide to not find out what they should know.

In other words, they decide to not find out what they should know.
It's fairly unlikley that anyone (including you and I) could ever be absolutely certain that there were no things that they should know that they didn't know that they should know.

Kind Regards, John

Paraphrased as, ' don't be wilfully ignorant' perhaps?

So, on topic again.
A radial circuit, around the rear of the stud walls, clipped to the rafters, above the insulation, buried in earthed metal conduit where it crosses the gable wall would be a sensible way to do it.

It's fairly unlikley that anyone (including you and I) could ever be absolutely certain that there were no things that they should know that they didn't know that they should know.
FGS are you being deliberately obtuse?

Take several books by reputable authors on things like C&G 2357, 2382, 2394, 2395, on domestic wiring techniques, IET Guidance Notes, the OSG, Electricians guide to the Building Regs, explanations of the Wiring Regulations and so on.

Read them, cross reference them, come to understand what they are telling you.

In short, do not elect to not learn the finite and achievable number of things which are widely regarded as necessary by authoritative sources.

Well that's what you get when you post things that are demonstratably nonsense, lol

However I do get your point and do take if onboard.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back