Ideal Logic Heat 15 standard condensing not a combi - Intermittent F2 / L2

Sponsored Links
These are a well designed boiler, & very simple and easy to work on.

As Sham above says, easy repair.

Get someone out who knows what they are doing.

Sponsored Links
It's amazing how many people slag off the Logics. It's got to be one of the easiest boilers to install, service & repair.

I come across 100s every year & rarely see any problems. I've been in the bowels of a 6 year old one & it was as clean as Nun's Knickers. A very simple & easy one to service.

who ever thinks they can fix it, let me know the price then if it is that easy. The gas engineer i had has not been able to. Ideal want silly money, that is why I had not called them and a month before they came. I began with an engineer so expected it would have been resolved, but a service,valve change, and igniter change later it is still doing it. I would definitely not have another one of these especially given how much they charge for spares. I am in Bucks so for those who claim to fix under 30 min let me know as long as you are gas safe registered. The one i have used has already said if the igniter does not resolve he is stumped as to what else to change.

They really aren't...

As to your boiler, if your own engineer is stumped, try calling Ideal themselves who will offer you a fixed -price repair with 12 month warranty
the engineer did ring Ideal while he was working on it.

Where did you get the FGA fella??
If the Mod can't see this DaftyDIYer Gas work they must be blind or chugging their mutton all evening??!!
not sure what you talking about so if nothing useful then its not really worth a contribution.

Well, they're not right, but need them fit after the valve swap.
Dan are you saying the figures show a problem as he did this and said everything looked good, but as the problem continued he said he would change the valve, he did this but as far as I know he did not do the readings again. I cant be sure, but he definitely never gave me another slip.

Ideal want silly money
You have paid for a gas valve and an igniter as you call it, and a service, and you think that the Ideal fixed price repair is expensive, that cost includes the engineers time the cost of parts and a warranty on the repair, and it would be working now

who ever thinks they can fix it, let me know the price then if it is that easy. The gas engineer i had has not been able to. Ideal want silly money, that is why I had not called them and a month before they came. I began with an engineer so expected it would have been resolved, but a service,valve change, and igniter change later it is still doing it. I would definitely not have another one of these especially given how much they charge for spares. I am in Bucks so for those who claim to fix under 30 min let me know as long as you are gas safe registered. The one i have used has already said if the igniter does not resolve he is stumped as to what else to change.

Well that may be your first problem.

You need a competent engineer with diagnostic skills to come and DIAGNOSE the problem.

When a new gas valve is fitted the FGA readings need to be repeated to check if it is working properly. You seem to have engaged a nupty, told him to do a service because that is cheap and not had it repaired!

You complain that Ideal are too expensive but they are a large company and their prices are typical of the marketplace, that means reasonable. It is you who think everything is too expensive and so employ nupties who change parts which were not required. False economy !

You seem to be asking for someone to come and fix your boiler in 30 minutes. Presumably because you think that you will pay less for a quick repair? But I have to tell you that the top 100 boiler engineers charge the same diagnostic fee however long or short the repair takes! If they can do it quickly then that is to their benefit because of their greater skills!

Tony

Oh come on, Ideal spares are very cheap compared to some - gas valve for your boiler £65+vat, ignition unit £23+vat. If you think that's expensive then you're in cuckoo land. Worcester spares are considerably more than that!

Shambolic, who is the one who said he could fix in 30 minutes, is an Ideal engineer, so he can't work for you directly but if you got Ideal in on a FP repair you might just get him. Should cost about £250 from memory

Yea, there you go Shambo. If the flight, car hire & other charges can be done cheaper than the Ideal FPR, the jobs yours!!

I'd do it myself, but I'm wanted in that area.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back