Ideal Logic+ Heat 30 Cycling on and off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an Ideal Logic+ Heat 30 which does three annoying things.

1. It occasionally makes one hell of a noise which can be heard throughout the whole house and which suggests that the boiler wants to jump off the wall. Sometimes this is a one-off, other times it's repetitive. A part (gas valve, I think) was changed about a year ago, which seemed to make the problem go away, but this still crops up, but not as regularly as before.

2. The new thing with the boiler is that the burner comes on, the boiler starts to make a regular noise (fan starting up, maybe?) then the burner goes off again within seconds. This might happen 5 times before the burner finally stays on.

3. Sometimes in the morning the central heating does not start at all. However, If we turn the system off and on, via the main switch up in the tank cupboard, it's OK then for the rest of the day.

Sorry to ask 3 questions in one post, but for all I know they may be interrelated. And, in case you are wondering, the boiler is about 7 years old and is serviced annually.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Paul

Sponsored Links
Almost certain it will be the flame sensor needs a clean. Very small job even if they replace it. Takes about 10 min. Happened to mine after a service and valve change still kept happening. It was that and it does it needs cleaning about one a year during service.

What you are experiencing is called resonation, changing or cleaning the spark and sense electrode wont sort it, make sure you use someone familiar with this boiler or get an Ideal fixed price repair

Sponsored Links
Ian,

Do you know what causes resonation and what needs to be changed to fix it? I would like to discuss this with my boiler guy. As I explained in my original post, I have already had the gas valve replaced, but it still sometimes happens. So what should be changed?

Thanks

Paul

Ian,

Do you know what causes resonation and what needs to be changed to fix it? I would like to discuss this with my boiler guy. As I explained in my original post, I have already had the gas valve replaced, but it still sometimes happens. So what should be changed?

Thanks

Paul
first port of call is the venturi and injector , both have to be absolutely spotless, dont be surprised if your gas valve needs changing again, have seen it once when it was the fan, decent enough boilers but need proper servicing not just a poke and go

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back