Ideal Mexico boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The pilot light is on but the boiler comes on for a minute or so then cuts out. When it is running the boiler is gurgling a bit !! Have bled radiators...can anyone suggest anything or should I get someone in who's qualified...I am a DIY virgin
It's an Ideal Mexico boiler on LPG

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a circulation issue.

Is the flow pipe hot when it turns off?

Will it come on again 10-20 min later?

Start looking at the pump!

Do you get it regularly serviced?

Tony

This is honestly the first year we have missed and this is because our regular guy couldn't make it and it slipped our minds. Sorry don't know what a flow pipe is but it is not coming on within 10 to 20 minutes but it does come on but just cut out again within a few minutes
Thanks Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks I hate my job, will look in loft today, if it's not that could iy be the pump? Also does that small tank feed anything else?
Went and looked the tank is full and the ball valve is working fine

Thank you so much for your help I have contacted my regular servicer. He thinks it must be the pump, since I have checked the tank in the loft. This has saved me money...I would not attempt to do a DIY job just wanted info on the problem, so that the Engineer wouldn't have to spend so long fault finding and I know roughly how much dosh I'll need to get the job done. By a qualified corgi reg guy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back