IDEAL MEXICO - No heating but have Hot water ? Please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:( Turned on the heating a few days back (Ideal Mexico conventional boiler). It came on OK but felt quite hot in the house. Turned on this evening and no heating. The hot water is fine and the boiler burners work for this.

I have bled the radiators. The upstairs bathroom radiator had a lot of air - not a lot of pressure though even when I had opened it fully. Black goo then trickled out - but no real pressure.

Is this a qualified heating engineers job or is there something I could try?
Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
suspect you have a 3 port motorized valve with a failing motor in it. Find the valve and try pushing the lever across a bit further when calling for heating and see if that fires it.

found the feeder tank was empty - refilled as ball valve had stuck, but still no joy!

regards the last reply -where can i locate the motor valve?

valve could be in airing cupboard, near boiler or in loft. Has three biggish pipes and an electrical flex coming out of it.

You might have an air lock on the heating side.

Sponsored Links
Can't find it anywhere ???

However, the heating came on for about 1 hour and then didn't work ??
Could this be the motorised valve or something else?

We need to know what the system is to be honest, how many storage tanks do you have in the roof?, any labels on the cylinder?, do you have a cylinder thermostat?...indeed do you have a pump??

Right.

Up in the loft is a big tank (for hot water) and a smaller tank with the ball valve in it and a pipe (for CH?). In the upstairs bedroom, directly below the tanks in the loft is the hot water cylinder. And then in the Kitchen is the Ideal Mexico boiler with the timer (potterton) nearby. The room thermostat is in the lounge (an old wheel version that seems to work - the electromagnet still works (sparks).

I hope this gives a bit more detail to help with the problem :confused: Ta.

nearly, any pump, motorized valves or cylinder thermostat?

p2493710_l.jpg

pump
valve.jpg

valve

;)

havent got a pic of a stat :D

Where can I find these - they are not in the loft or next to the cylinder?

Could they be under the floorboards?
:confused:

docburgess said:
:( Turned on the heating a few days back (Ideal Mexico conventional boiler). It came on OK but felt quite hot in the house. Turned on this evening and no heating. The hot water is fine and the boiler burners work for this.

gravity hot water? pump packed up?

Found the pump - However, I stupidly pressed something - a big grey knob. I twisted it and the burners clicked off. I now can't get the boiler to fire up atall - so NO hot water AAAGGHHHH!!!

PLEASE HELP :cry:

sounds like youve turned the pilot light off you need to relight it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back