Ideal Mexico Super 2 rs125

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Perhaps an odd question but just wondering if anyone knows how old my boiler is likely to be - I thought it would be circa 1994 ish but a RGI who just checked it over (all a-ok) reckons its only about 12 years old..

When did they make these does anyone know? It has Stelrad labels on it too.

Just idle curiosity..

Cheers
Mike

Sponsored Links
The Super 2 would be around 94, but I reckon the 125 would be later maybe 96/97.

Sweet ! Likely to be newer than i thought then. Looks brand new in fairness.

Cheers

Is the date not printed on the bottom right hand corner of the pull down front on the boiler ?

Sponsored Links
Is the date not printed on the bottom right hand corner of the pull down front on the boiler ?

Ah yes !! Jan 1993

Is that the date the label was printed or the boiler manufactured though? It cant have been installed in Jan 1993 as this house had no roof on it during 1994

As 45yrs said dont worry about a few yrs with this boiler keep it well serviced & plenty of inhibitor, I prefer MB1 & it should give you many years of good service.

As 45yrs said dont worry about a few yrs with this boiler keep it well serviced & plenty of inhibitor, I prefer MB1 & it should give you many years of good service.

Not worried, just curious.. and yep, have decided to keep the old girl for a few more years after our friendly RGI basically confirmed everything i was thinking.. better off spending the money elsewhere (insulation, new windows on front of house).

I like getting good use out of machines.. my car was purchased at 107k and is still going strong at 142k, cant beat a six cylinder for longevity (but perhaps not too frugal). Hoping to get to 200k.

Maybe i can get to 30 years on this boiler.. hmm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back