IDEAL MEXICO super CF40/60

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not so super at the moment.
been great, belts out loads of heat and water.
now it's starting to make flame noises. you know like one of those old calor gas heaters when the bottle is running out.
done a clean out with the henry,now it worse. only stay lit with eratic blue flames everywhere then flames out.
if it was a gas BBQ you'd just say its in too much wind.
what d'ya reckon. obys and girls?

Sponsored Links
I reckon you shouldn’t be tinkering with it and call a gas safe registered engineer. Gas advice in an open forum isn’t permitted as per the forum rules you signed up on today.

Not something that can be safely or accurately diagnosed from behind a screen, and as Chris has said above, Forum Rules do not permit advice on Gas issues.

If you are in the trade, ask to join the Registered Gas Engineers section on here, if not, find someone who is and ask them to come and look. For Your and your Families safety.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
thanks for the advise, and completely understand what you are saying. if thats a rule, its a very good one! never even concidered it. as i never concidered doing any work myself. as for a scaffolder my tool box has 3 different size of hammers. just wanted to get right one. got my preferenes!!

Sponsored Links
Not so super at the moment.
been great, belts out loads of heat and water.
now it's starting to make flame noises. you know like one of those old calor gas heaters when the bottle is running out.
done a clean out with the henry,now it worse. only stay lit with eratic blue flames everywhere then flames out.
if it was a gas BBQ you'd just say its in too much wind.
what d'ya reckon. obys and girls?

As per CBW, don't meddle. When was it last serviced? Are you seeing yellow flames (I bet they are there). If so, it is in a very dangerous condition. Regardless, turn it off immediately and leave off until it is sorted. This category (CF) of appliance is the mist susceptible to seriously dangerous malfunctions when not properly serviced.

Make sure he removes the burner, sweeps the heat exchanger, checks the chimney and spillage check as well as vent is clear. Burner pressure too

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back