ideal mini c24 lock out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
sorry this is getting on my nerves got in touch with ideal tech team and they say the boiler is locking out because of an air lock ,if this is the case how did the boiler run for a while then lock out the next day

Sponsored Links
They can only tell you something based on what you have told them.

They have not visited and diagnosed the fault so are unable to guess whats wrong with your boiler. In any case telephone operaters are not working boiler engineers although Ideal are much better than many.

You should not start a new thread for every new posting on the same subject.

Tony

didnt think it get read if i posted it again inthe same area ,ideal have also said they will fix it for
£240 inc parts and labour does that seem reasonable to you

Sponsored Links
Because you have started a new thread, I cannot refresh my recollection of the symptoms without a lot of trouble searching and visiting the other thread.

Their fixed price is very reasonable when a part like a fan or PCB is required because of the cost of the new part.

But I seem to remember that I did not think that your boiler would necessarily need any expensive parts. In fact I think that I thought that if you were within our coverage area then it would be most unlikely that we would have to charge more than about £198 and quite possibly no more than £84.

Of course every independent engineer sets his own charges and others could well charge you considerably more for the same repair than we would.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back