Please help. ideal mini C screeching + HW lock-out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:confused: :( :cry:

Hi,

I have an ideal mini C combination boiler. The central heating seems to work fine, however, switching on a hot tap results in an awful (and very loud) screeching noise from the boiler and then it locks out (the lock-out light comes on, bolier shuts down). Oh, I also noticed that the temperature gauge usually rises from ~60 to 70/80 when this happens.

Turning on a hot tap without the central heating running often produces the same result as above, but sometimes the bolier just locks out straight away (no noise or temp increase).

My boiler only started doing this yesterday. What is it's problem? Do I need an engineer?

Sponsored Links
The plate heat exchanger is blocked because the installer failed to clean the system.

Or alternatively the filling loop has been left open and caused the system to get sludged up.

We charge £136 to clean out the boiler but advise that that is a quick fix and ideally the system should be chemically cleaned at £180 or power flushed at about £320.

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back