Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have the following boiler which keeps intermittently cutting out:

Mini c28
N096510504 GB
47-348-19
UH 158324

Sometimes we go for a few showers without any problems then sometime it will cut out mid shower or fail to ignite altogether. When it does cut out or fail to ignite you can hear it making a noise as if it is trying to ignite repeatedly every second or so. I took a video which I will try to upload.

I've had a look at some posts / looked at the installation manual online but these refer to 3 LEDs for fault finding....I can only see 1 on my model. Is this an old version or am I missing something?

It's been serviced recently and the guy said it was in good condition for the year (think its a 2004 model)

Thanks in advance for any help/advice on what I could check

Sponsored Links
If the green light does not start flashing fast to indicate a fault then it sounds like the DHW flow switch is not registering a demand.

But this is not a DIY job as the gas valve needs to be removed to access the shuttle assembly.

Tony

thanks Tony - any recommendations on an engineer in London (N5)?

The guy who serviced the boiler has failed to show on a couple of occasions when promising to come look at the problem so losing my trust in him.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If the green light does not start flashing fast to indicate a fault then it sounds like the DHW flow switch is not registering a demand.

But this is not a DIY job as the gas valve needs to be removed to access the shuttle assembly.

Tony
Tony this will be the older two pcb mini which needs the dip switch depressed to give 3 flashing light fault code when it's in fault mode (flashing fast) or if flashing slow the lights will flash to say if boiler is in hw or ch mode
Once this is identified it will aid fault finding.
It could be primary flow switch not making, DHW thermister, or something else.

I'd go for the ignition pcb staring to break down.

Had several go like this before failing altogether.

It is possible to drill 2 mm holes to be able to view all three LEDs.

Then a link has to be moved to permanently set it in the full fault display mode. Search for the instructions I posted a few years ago but under the original manufacturer's name of Biasi M90.

Tony

Thanks agile. I got it in to fault finding mode this evening having had a cold shower. Led sequence was as follows:

Left and right green led flashing alternately (led 1 and 3) - according to manual normal operation for dhw

Then after 30 secs or so

Left and right green led flashin together with middle red led on constantly. According to manual this is lack of burner ignition?

Any ideas?

Well that proves the DHW flow switch is operating.

But then it shows a lack of ignition.

There are several further checks which an engineer would then carry out ( but we are not allowed to advise on here ) relating to gas aspects. They might indicate the fault or it could be the PCB.

Tony

Thanks Tony - sounds like it might be engineer time.

With regards the ignition PCB, wouldn't the boiler fail to light altogether rather than sometimes stop after about 5 minutes use? (excuse my ignorance if I am talking rubbish!!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back