Ideal Mini HE C28

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been having problems with this boiler ever since i had an lpg gas refill !!

The boiler tries to fire up but shuts itself down before it ignites, if i remove the front cover it will ignite ok but when it shuts down it wont re lite itself.

I have tried calling out engineers but as soon as i tell them it run on lpg they quote 400 +

Any ideas anyone,

Sponsored Links
Was that a full job taking approximately an hour where it was stripped and cleaned or a 5 minute probe job?

Sponsored Links
I have also had the service people out from calor gas and was charged 140 for 5 minuits work, all he did was a pressure check !!

I had called them out after we had a refill as this was when the boiler started playing up, also our gas hob was not burning the flame as it usually did,

It was a quikish job, he did get his hoover out and some sort of metering unit,

All was well untill the lpg gas refill !!

The boiler tries to fire up but shuts itself down before it ignites, if i remove the front cover it will ignite ok but when it shuts down it wont re lite itself.

Any ideas anyone,

You should not have done that as you are not gas trained/registered.

I think that its a red herring about the gas being topped up when the problem started.

I think that the fault is combustion related but NOT connected with the gas refill.

We dont give DIY gas advice on this forum so I cannot give further information on here.

All I can say is that you need a competent engineer! There is nothing special about LPG, its just another kind of fuel, and the costs to repair should be "usual" such as our diagnostic charge of £84.

Tony

I doubt this problem is related to your refill.
First guess: service not quite thorough enough.
2nd guess: safety critical part failing.

We don't do price comparisons here, but £400 sounds rather steep for what I think it is.

I doubt this problem is related to your refill.
First guess: service not quite thorough enough.
2nd guess: safety critical part failing.

We don't do price comparisons here, but £400 sounds rather steep for what I think it is.

It seems that as soon as i mention we live at a stable yard and in a mobile home the cost seems to double !

The plumbers in the swindon area are a nightmare,

Allways very vauge on costs, I might as well give them an open cheque.

It seems that as soon as i mention we live at a stable yard and in a mobile home the cost seems to double !

I am not surprised!

The image of someone who lives in a mobile home is of a gipsy or someone who has no money to pay for the work.

They then quote a high price to put you off.

Tony

How on earth can you come out with that statement!

I have loads of customers who live in mobile homes on residential sites that are connected to all the mains services.

They are normal everyday folk like me, I can't say you, and their homes are of the highest quality and often quite large.

I said that was the "image" !

The reality may be different.

The only two that I have been to were middle aged couples, one retired, who have chosen those homes because they were cheap but they admit they are being ripped off by the site owners but probably cannot go back to a proper home again because of the costs.

One had been ripped off by the heating installer who left leaks underneath, no pipe insulation and did not set the boiler up properly or clean the new system.

I would not go to those at Chesterton Fen unless paid in advance.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back