Ideal Mini ignition PCB?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Hope you can help!

I have an Ideal mini c28 Combi boiler

Have been doing a bit of work recently; I have changed the diaphragm in the diverter valve (split) and cleaned out DHW heat exchanger (wow the muck that came out of that!!).

So it already works 50 times better than before. However, I still get a intermittent problem - it might be easier if I bullet points things that may help diagnose...

Basically sometimes it will not light - the fan goes makes all the noises but no luck and soon after (if I switch the correct tabs) I get the led flashing codes = Lack of burner ignition (no ignition signal from
the full seqence ignition device)..

- once this happens, it will no longer light. DHW of CH.

- If I turn it off at the plug and leave it for a good few hours, it will light first time,

- If I turn it off and back on in within a a minute or so, it will not.

Do you think it could be the Ignition PCB? for 34 quid I can get a new (ebay recon) one and it would be just a straight swap.

Anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Can you hear the ign pcb sparking when it is trying to light but doesnt ?

Can you hear the ign pcb sparking when it is trying to light but doesnt ?

Hi,

I have just checked, and I can confirm when it does not light it does NOT click.

When it DOES light, it does indeed click just before it lights!

Sponsored Links
Then unlikely to be the ign pcb, there is a common fault that causes this but you will need to get an RGI to sort it as it is within the combustion chamber and is safety device, the site rules prohibit us from commenting on those issues

Hmmm Ok, that is fair enough - I would not touch the combustion chamber myself anyway.

I needs a service anyway so I will pass on all the details to Gasway.

Are you able to tell me what you think the common fault is so I can tell him - might save some diagnosing time, if he can go straight to it (and me some money hopefully!)

UPDATE !!!

I finally just went for it and I replaced the Ignition PCB... and it now works! Just thought its good to get a solve to the mystery. Hot water and heating when I want it for the first time in 4 years!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back