Ideal on the way out????

maybe they should have replaced the icos/isar/istor with a good boiler and they wouldn't be in trouble. it's all the warranty stuff that must be killing them. pretty much every single icos/isar/istor i see has had or needs a new pcb, almost every single one under warranty.

heat engines corrode, condensate sumps block up or corrode through and combustion covers burn through. all common and well known faults. again mostly done under warranty.

Sponsored Links
Aye right!!
FFS the old rumour mill in overdrive. Remember ideal is part of warmsure/Eaga etc. It may be that ideals name is going although I have not heard anything. I am still an ideal engineer but all new engineers are warmsure contracts!
Will make a few calls but don't believe it

have heard rumours warmfront n iguana are going which are part of ideal.not heard anything bowt company it self!.mind u be glad to see the back of iguana r.a f

Sponsored Links
If half of what I heard about iguana and warmfront is true, this would be a very good thing indeed

big changes at eager in jan so i heard assume iguana finaly getting what they deserve.they wrecked n robbed plenty.have heard there share getting divvyed up among smaller contractors with better reports

Just thought i would bump this.
Any news been heard about Ideal and any problems they may or may not be having.

Take one out and have plenty of tea and biscuits in. Their engineers will probably near enough have to move in with you :eek: :LOL:

There seem to be a lot of morons posting on this topic.

How can the news of any UK manufacturing company [potentially] going bust, in the middle of a world recession, when manufacturing provides for something like 12% of UK GDP, be a thing to relish?

If it does happen then people will lose their jobs, wealth will stop being created, exports will reduce, and things will be marginally even more f***ed up than they are already.

And yet most of you seem to be getting dressed up to dance on its grave.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back