ideal response 120 problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a response 120 boiler which over this year has practically been rebuilt. the problem i have at the moment is that when demanding hot water the boiler does not fire, when demanding heating the boiler fires up then shuts down after about 12 seconds. last week i had the heat exchanger tank and ignitors replaced as tank had burst. the pressure is round about 1.5 bar and steady. the pump was replaced last year. the boiler is about 4-5 years old. i am a loss as are scotish gas to the problem. has anybody had a similar fault and had it rectified? again this is an intermittent fault so one day it is ok the next it wont work at all. one other observation is that the hot water flow rate from the tap is higher than what it was before as it was not heating the water due to the flow. any ideas or answer appreciated

Sponsored Links
Just keep calling them back until they fix it, that is what you pay your premium for. Anything you do yourself can be used as an excuse for them to give up on the problem.

Do you know what checks/tests they've done. I would be checking the inlet gas pressure to start with.

These boilers are known for being sensitive to incorrect inlet gas pressures. It could be the meter governor. It sounds like it.

They have pre-mix burners and not condensing boilers. I believe so they could use the heat exchanger which was from a commercial boiler.

Sponsored Links
This is not the kind of boiler to make guesses about.

It needs a competent engineer who will test each operational aspect in turn.

You pay and you should get the service.

But those insurance schemes mean the engineers are almost all relatively inexperienced and shall we say not the best! Ask them to send their senior engineer.

Tony

But those insurance schemes mean the engineers are almost all relatively inexperienced and shall we say not the best! Ask them to send their senior engineer.

Tony

bullshit. you keep referring to this mythical "senior engineer". he doesn't exist.

bulls**t. you keep referring to this mythical "senior engineer". he doesn't exist.

Talk to your friends (especially in the building trade). They'll mostly agree with me. I'm quite willing to accept the majority vote in a referendum - but until we get that vote I'll be as vocal as I want.

im not in the building trade, puppet.

Im a senior engineer.

creepy isnt it, base line prejudice ;)

bulls**t. you keep referring to this mythical "senior engineer". he doesn't exist.

Talk to your friends (especially in the building trade). They'll mostly agree with me. I'm quite willing to accept the majority vote in a referendum - but until we get that vote I'll be as vocal as I want.

im not in the building trade, puppet.

Im a senior engineer.

creepy isnt it, base line prejudice ;)

so you do have a sense of humour. i'd scarcely believe a boring **** like you would have the ability to link a post to this one.

refresh my memory, is WDIK a BG employee?

Despite expressing early interest, WDIK failed to get to the Midlands Meet and Eat in spite of that big motor bike in the picture!

So I dont know where he works but I doubt that its BG!

Tony

Despite expressing early interest, WDIK failed to get to the Midlands Meet and Eat in spite of that big motor bike in the picture!

So I dont know where he works but I doubt that its BG!

Tony

i doubt i would have expressed much of an interest in seeing your mug no matter sitting down to eat with you. i might have driven a motorbike over you if you had ****ed me off, which you no doubt would have done in the first ten seconds.

if he isnt a BG employee then what is the relevance of him as a "senior engineer" with regard to BG? are you trying, but as usual, failing to be clever you boring old prick?

You said that senior engineers dont exist.

I showed you one.

BG seems to call their senior enginers TSMs.

Tony

:) after calling scottish gas today the boiler now appears to be working, a fault light was indicated on the PCB which was changed as were some sensors which had rust and grease on, heating and hot water restored to normal. thanks for all the posts and replies even if some were handbags at dawn.

point to note that it was an engineer who had been with the company for some 20 years. long live the senior engineer!

You said that senior engineers dont exist.

I showed you one.

BG seems to call their senior enginers TSMs.

Tony

TSM's are no longer engineers, merely bean counters and motivational tools. a good engineer will know more than the average TSM.

:)

point to note that it was an engineer who had been with the company for some 20 years. long live the senior engineer!

Engineers who have worked for a long time are sometimes called "senior" engineers.

But thats not the same as a "senior engineer" who is paid more and chosen for his technical competance.

The BG senior engineer is called a TSM and is meant to be the enquiry point for any of his engineers with a technical problem they cannot resolve. They sometimes visit with an engineer on more difficult faults or boilers ( like the Keston C55 I saw a couple of weeks ago which they could not fix after four days and visits. )

Tony

:)

Engineers who have worked for a long time are sometimes called "senior" engineers.

But thats not the same as a "senior engineer" who is paid more and chosen for his technical competance.

The BG senior engineer is called a TSM and is meant to be the enquiry point for any of his engineers with a technical problem they cannot resolve. They sometimes visit with an engineer on more difficult faults or boilers ( like the Keston C55 I saw a couple of weeks ago which they could not fix after four days and visits. )

Tony

Im a senior engineer of the second variety as only been with Ideal and asked to take the job last year after 4 years service with them as a normo engineer :D
Was with BG for 16 years before that though.
Bloody hell over 20 years now in the gas industry!! :eek: :eek:

Ps not paid much more though :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back